Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-30 17:22:25

Ltsaurus Rex
Male (29), USA

I'm curious about something

Hey guys. Long time no see. So I've noticed something about when I give my friends shoulder rides. Something that I think affects the weiget of the rider. So some of my friends named Rosie, sometimes when I carry her, she tends to lean forward  so her belly is pressed hard against my head. Now she's not that heavy, but when she leans forward she seems to get heavier, but if she sits back to where I can't feel her belly,  she seems to be lighter. How can this be? Is there something about the position of the rider that affects their weight and the duration of the ride?

P.s I posted some pics in the WOM and WOW albums
Wom
Starts at http://www.ultimateshoulderrides.com/forum/img/gall … 427695037.jpg
ends at   http://www.ultimateshoulderrides.com/forum/img/gall … 427693655.jpg

Wow
starts at http://www.ultimateshoulderrides.com/forum/img/gall … 427695152.jpg
ends at   http://www.ultimateshoulderrides.com/forum/img/gall … 427695289.jpg

P.s.s. there are some duplicates, can we get if them please, my WiFi was acting up when I uploaded them

#2 2015-03-30 18:40:15

trigger
Male (38), India

Re: I'm curious about something

Hey you are right.

If the girl sits on neck or bend forward and her belly is on neck, its very difficult to carry her and even stand, how much lighter the girl is.

i remember a 40 kg girl, very light girl has sat on my neck while riding, and it was my toughest ride.

Ltsaurus Rex wrote:

Hey guys. Long time no see. So I've noticed something about when I give my friends shoulder rides. Something that I think affects the weiget of the rider. So some of my friends named Rosie, sometimes when I carry her, she tends to lean forward  so her belly is pressed hard against my head. Now she's not that heavy, but when she leans forward she seems to get heavier, but if she sits back to where I can't feel her belly,  she seems to be lighter. How can this be? Is there something about the position of the rider that affects their weight and the duration of the ride?

P.s I posted some pics in the WOM and WOW albums
Wom
Starts at http://www.ultimateshoulderrides.com/forum/img/gall … 427695037.jpg
ends at   http://www.ultimateshoulderrides.com/forum/img/gall … 427693655.jpg

Wow
starts at http://www.ultimateshoulderrides.com/forum/img/gall … 427695152.jpg
ends at   http://www.ultimateshoulderrides.com/forum/img/gall … 427695289.jpg

P.s.s. there are some duplicates, can we get if them please, my WiFi was acting up when I uploaded them

The Horse

#3 2015-03-30 22:41:31

Audreyb

Ltsaurus Rex:

At last  a question I  can answer from  the carriers  position.
The  more directly  the load is  over your center,  the  easier it is to bear. If  your  back  arches forward of  your sacral curve (the S shape of your spine) your  back  muscles compensate  so you don't  fall on your face.  You walk  by leaning forward already  so the extra  forward leaning makes it  harder to  walk. This is why  primitive  people carry  heavy  loads  on  their  head rather than packing it on their  back.
If  a  rider could  sit on your head  and  your  neck was strong  enough to  support  him or her you  would find it  easier than the same person  sitting on your shoulders. Of course  the people who carry  heavy  loads this way  have  developed strong  necks  from  years of carrying weight on their head  and a  human  rider  sitting on  top of your head would have a  lot of trouble keep her/his  balance  because  humans are  not a  balanced  load.  When you  carry someone who  is sitting on your shoulders,  you  lean  forward more to  compensate  for  the  backward  pull of  the  person's weight  just as you would  with a  pack-pack on your shoulders. If that  person leans  forward your  body  compensates  and works harder.

I learned this  from  back-packing  and learning that  putting the heaviest things in the top of the  pack made carrying the  pack  easier. It's also  why it's sometimes easier  for  people  to carry someone on their shoulders for a on distance than to  carry the person  piggy-back.

#4 2015-03-31 06:36:28

Ltsaurus Rex
Male (29), USA

Audreyb wrote:

Ltsaurus Rex:

At last  a question I  can answer from  the carriers  position.
The  more directly  the load is  over your center,  the  easier it is to bear. If  your  back  arches forward of  your sacral curve (the S shape of your spine) your  back  muscles compensate  so you don't  fall on your face.  You walk  by leaning forward already  so the extra  forward leaning makes it  harder to  walk. This is why  primitive  people carry  heavy  loads  on  their  head rather than packing it on their  back.
If  a  rider could  sit on your head  and  your  neck was strong  enough to  support  him or her you  would find it  easier than the same person  sitting on your shoulders. Of course  the people who carry  heavy  loads this way  have  developed strong  necks  from  years of carrying weight on their head  and a  human  rider  sitting on  top of your head would have a  lot of trouble keep her/his  balance  because  humans are  not a  balanced  load.  When you  carry someone who  is sitting on your shoulders,  you  lean  forward more to  compensate  for  the  backward  pull of  the  person's weight  just as you would  with a  pack-pack on your shoulders. If that  person leans  forward your  body  compensates  and works harder.

I learned this  from  back-packing  and learning that  putting the heaviest things in the top of the  pack made carrying the  pack  easier. It's also  why it's sometimes easier  for  people  to carry someone on their shoulders for a on distance than to  carry the person  piggy-back.

Touché, a lot of times when I have carried one of my friends piggyback style, it usually turns into a shoulder ride,  due to the fact that I have an easier time carrying girls on my shoulders than I do giving them a piggyback

#5 2015-03-31 14:13:36

Audreyb

Ltsaurus Rex:

I have  never been  the carrier except when  the rider was a very little girl  who  didn't weigh  enough to be a  strain .
One man I  met  (I  never was on him  myself)  who carries both women  and men  told me  he  preferred  carrying women even if the woman is  heavier  because women  have a  lower center of  gravity when  sitting on  him  and that makes it easy  to  balance while walking.

Of all the ways  to  be  carried  I  like  piggyback the least. I find  the  position on  the  carrier's back uncomfortable  and  rather undignified .  I  have  known  some  ladies who see shoulder  riding as  "intimate"  and  I  suppose it  can  be  or  might be  from  some peoples  point of  view  but  it  is really  a matter of each persons  state of  mind.  Intimacy  doesn't  embarrass me very  much or  very often  and  I'm  not  affected  by  what others  might  be  thinking.
The  only practical reasons I  can imagine for a  rider  to be carried  piggyback  for any  distance  would  be if the  rider is simply to  large  to  sit on  the  carrier's shoulders  or if the rider is  afraid of  sitting up  that  high.

#6 2015-04-02 04:51:41

Ltsaurus Rex
Male (29), USA

Audreyb wrote:

Ltsaurus Rex:

I have  never been  the carrier except when  the rider was a very little girl  who  didn't weigh  enough to be a  strain .
One man I  met  (I  never was on him  myself)  who carries both women  and men  told me  he  preferred  carrying women even if the woman is  heavier  because women  have a  lower center of  gravity when  sitting on  him  and that makes it easy  to  balance while walking.

Of all the ways  to  be  carried  I  like  piggyback the least. I find  the  position on  the  carrier's back uncomfortable  and  rather undignified .  I  have  known  some  ladies who see shoulder  riding as  "intimate"  and  I  suppose it  can  be  or  might be  from  some peoples  point of  view  but  it  is really  a matter of each persons  state of  mind.  Intimacy  doesn't  embarrass me very  much or  very often  and  I'm  not  affected  by  what others  might  be  thinking.
The  only practical reasons I  can imagine for a  rider  to be carried  piggyback  for any  distance  would  be if the  rider is simply to  large  to  sit on  the  carrier's shoulders  or if the rider is  afraid of  sitting up  that  high.

Yeah, that makes sense. For me it's just easier to carry girls on my shoulders. I've only carried one guy because of a game of truth or dare. Now Audreyb say we met up and hang out, and we were required to walk a great distance,  and your legs got tired, and you want a piggyback,  I would give you a piggyback and see how far I could go, but probably not long after I would let you down and offer you a shoulder ride because I think it would be easier to have a girl on my shoulders than having a girl on my back.
(P.s there was a time me and one of my friends tried transitioning from a piggyback into a shoulder ride, it actually worked lol)

#7 2015-04-02 14:23:04

Audreyb

Ltsaurus Rex:

I can only imagine a few  instances where I  might asked to be  carried  piggyback  but  quite a few where I might  ask  to be carried in  general   in  any way that was practical.  In  most of  these cases  it  would likely  have to do with  my shoes.   My  weakness for  sexy lethal shoes  have over ruled  practicality and even  my  fashion  sense  more often  than I  like to  admit  and  I often  talk  myself into  wearing  shoes  that become painful  to  walk  in,  even  shoes that are  not as  hot as  I  would  like them  to be.

In  your  scenario a great deal  would  depend on  where we  happened to be. If it was in my home town  where I'm  likely to  encounter  people  I  know  and do  business with,  I  might  opt  for being carried  piggyback,  though I  would  probably  prefer to be carried in  your  arms  when  my feet  started hurting, the latter  if I believed  you were strong enough  and I  felt  secure.
But if  it was a  less  populated  area  or in  a town/city  where I'm  not  likely  to  see or encounter  anyone I  know, I  would accept  your offer  or  even  suggest that I  ride on your shoulders.  This would almost certainly be  my  option  if  we had to  walk  a  long distance.
As I have  said here  previously, I'm  not  very much  affected  by what other people  "might"  think  about my  actions  within  reasonable limits  and  I  regard  myself  high enough  to choose to  burden  someone else if  the alternative is painful  for  me.

Since  examining this subject on  this forum I  have also  explored  my feelings and experiences.
I  mentioned in  a previous discussion  a time  when I  was  on  a  group  foot tour  in  another country  where I  made  my  usual error  concerning my footwear.  A  man  who  was  on the same tour was  having a similar problem in walking  the distances  required  and  semi-seriously  suggested hiring  one of the local  peons  to carry  him on  his shoulders.  These  locals (peons) are  used to carrying heavy  burdens, often on  their heads or shoulders  and  would  probably have welcomed  to  opportunity to  make money since  they are quite  poor.   We  didn't actually   hire carriers  as the  opportunity to  do  so  didn't  present itself  and  I don't  know  if I  would have  at the time if  I  could.
But  in  reexamining the  idea since that  time  and remembering the  pain I  was  in at  the end of that  tour, I think I  would  have finished  that  tour sitting on  the shoulders  of anyone I  could  hire  for  the  job. This would especially  be true if  the  man who  suggested the  option had  done the same since he was  quite a bit heavier,  and I  wouldn't  have  even  considered what anyone  else  might  think  about it.  Obviously  I would  of course choose  better shoes  if I  were to  take  that  tour again.

#8 2015-04-03 15:05:18

Ltsaurus Rex
Male (29), USA

Quite a series of points you make. But yea I am very strong despite my delicate appearance
and I has pictures of all three ways to prove I could take you off your feet :3

Carried in arms
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xap1/t51. … 1409201_n.jpg (New Window)

Piggyback
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpa1/t51. … 0689153_n.jpg (New Window)

Shoulder Ride
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfp1/t51. … 8930347_n.jpg (New Window)

#9 2015-04-06 13:55:27

Audreyb

Ltsaurus Rex:

The lady appears to be larger than  I  am   from  what I  can see without  a  contrast for perspective.
However,  even  without  further evidence I would let a man  try to  lift  and carry  me if he wanted to  and I  knew  him  well enough  to at least accept  his  motives.
By that I  mean if  he's  just  a  guy  who wants to  feel  my thighs around  his  head  I  may or  may not sit on  his  shoulders depending  on  how I  felt about  it and  him  at the time.  As I  said,  I'm  simply  not  shy or inhibited  by many things  and  rarely about anything I  might  feel  would be  fun.
As an  adult,  the smallest person  who ever  tried  to lift me on his shoulder's  was a  boy who  was  10 or 11 years  old  and small  and skinny for his age.   There was  nothing really strange about it and the  boy's  mother was there at the  time . He got under me  and  I  sat on his narrow shoulders and let him  try. I  didn't believe he  could but  I  sat down on him  and let him give it  his  best effort.
He  couldn't get  me more than  an  inch off  the  ground with his best effort  but  I stayed on him  until  he gave up  and asked me to  get off. My  point is  that I let him  attempt to prove himself  even  when I  was sure he  would fail  and I believe anyone  should have the opportunity to try.

#10 2015-04-07 01:15:18

Ltsaurus Rex
Male (29), USA

Audreyb wrote:

Ltsaurus Rex:

The lady appears to be larger than  I  am   from  what I  can see without  a  contrast for perspective.
However,  even  without  further evidence I would let a man  try to  lift  and carry  me if he wanted to  and I  knew  him  well enough  to at least accept  his  motives.
By that I  mean if  he's  just  a  guy  who wants to  feel  my thighs around  his  head  I  may or  may not sit on  his  shoulders depending  on  how I  felt about  it and  him  at the time.  As I  said,  I'm  simply  not  shy or inhibited  by many things  and  rarely about anything I  might  feel  would be  fun.
As an  adult,  the smallest person  who ever  tried  to lift me on his shoulder's  was a  boy who  was  10 or 11 years  old  and small  and skinny for his age.   There was  nothing really strange about it and the  boy's  mother was there at the  time . He got under me  and  I  sat on his narrow shoulders and let him  try. I  didn't believe he  could but  I  sat down on him  and let him give it  his  best effort.
He  couldn't get  me more than  an  inch off  the  ground with his best effort  but  I stayed on him  until  he gave up  and asked me to  get off. My  point is  that I let him  attempt to prove himself  even  when I  was sure he  would fail  and I believe anyone  should have the opportunity to try.

Ah I see to be honest I don't really give shoulder rides to feel a girls thighs around me. It's usually either to help one who is having trouble walking, viewing/reaching something, or just to have fun at events or swimming. I also like trying to see how much I can take and how long I can go until I I let the rider down.
Btw which picture were you referring to being larger than you?

#11 2015-04-07 13:39:10

Audreyb

Ltsaurus Rex:

I  was referring to  the one  sitting on your  shoulders in  the three  you posted. I  honestly thought they were  the same  girl.   I  didn't doubt your  motives, I  simply  mean that  some  men have ulterior  motives.  To be honest  I  often  don't care because  I  like sitting on  a  man's shoulders and  I think I  look  cute sitting up there.  Up until  last summer  I usually only sat on  someone's shoulders out of  practicality or  a  temporary  need  to be  carried, to view something  or I  was tired  etc.
I  always  tend to  feel  like  I'm in  charge  but  I'm  also  mindful  that  it is a  service being performed  for  my  benefit.
My  reasons and attitude  vary  with  my  mood.

#12 2015-04-07 23:34:28

Ltsaurus Rex
Male (29), USA

I see fair enough.  If you are ever in Ohio, we should hang out and I'll carry you on my shoulders smile

#13 2015-04-08 02:00:56

ridecarry
Male (35), U.S

Hey bud, we need to meet up sometime this summer . I bet you could hold me on your shoulders in a pool or in a lake  , something like that ,, Be cool to lift and carry you as well . let me know

#14 2015-04-09 00:37:42

Ltsaurus Rex
Male (29), USA

How much do you weigh in pounds? And I wouldn't mind riding on shoulders for a change. I mean occasionally I ride my brother's shoulders but the rides dont usually last long

#15 2015-04-09 01:37:16

ridecarry
Male (35), U.S

im 6-0 200 #  How bout you ?  That's cool I Would be happy to carry you on my shoulders all ya want .  When it comes to shoulder rides Ya can never get enough it seems haha

#16 2015-04-09 05:20:14

Ltsaurus Rex
Male (29), USA

Damn I'm only 5'7 and 130 lbs so it seems that I shall be the one on your shoulders lol if we hang out

#17 2015-04-09 20:43:21

ridecarry
Male (35), U.S

Fine with me bud

Board footer