Ultimate shoulder rides

Internet's #1 shoulder riding community

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-30 07:48:10

kimshot

Do you like to ride with your legs wrapped around or lose

As a rider, do you like to have your tucked behind for balance or do you like to have them hang loose. As a carrier do you like your rider's legs wrapped around or hanging loose?

#2 2017-09-30 08:09:23

jerrao
Male (47), Brazil

Re: Do you like to ride with your legs wrapped around or lose

I like the legs of rider wrappd around

#3 2017-09-30 23:58:36

phantom
Male (33), United States

When I was doing my most riding, I always wrapped my legs around the back. This helped me keep balance and shifted my weight from the carrier's neck to his shoulders, both of which made for a longer ride. When I'm doing the carrying (I've only carried women), I usually request the same position. From my experience, the girls who have told me they were too scared to climb on didn't realize that there's a stable and secure way to do it.

#4 2017-11-01 16:32:25

lovetoride
Male (30), India

i like my legs in front while riding.
i think it provides more comfortable sitting when i make the carrier to look downwards.
for balance i rely on carrier holding my legs with her hands.

also personally i feel it more dominant way of riding as the carrier has to take care of my legs too which is completely over her.

.................The Rider................

#5 2017-12-11 10:31:06

STUDEKM
Male (36), INDIA

I love both the ways..
Initailly I wrapp my legs around..
And the later my legs dangling down..
So my weight shifts to my ponies neck..
And he has to strain under me..
It feels great as his neck act  as a saddle between my legs.
I can control him by holding his hair..
And finally he has to bend forward and i slip down from his neck over his head.
It really feels great

Carriers and ponys mail me at studekm@gmail.com

#6 2017-12-12 19:56:34

Audreyb

It really  depends on who is  beneath me,  what I'm  wearing  and why  I'm sitting on his shoulders.  If it's something simple like  a boost up to change a  ceiling light  and  I might  not be confident  in  my carrier 's strength, I will sit with my feet  tucked behind him.  This is especially  true  if I need to  use  both  hands  and can't hold onto  his hair or  head. 
If I'm  riding for any long period of time and I  have  control of my  carrier, I want to  make him keep his head down so I  can sit with my  bottom supported  and I  can  relax my legs. In a few  cases  I  found it  very  comfortable  to have my  carrier  hold my  feet ,  rather lie  his  hands were stirrups  with my legs  relaxed .

#7 2017-12-12 22:36:52

Sunnyyuys

Audreyb wrote:

It really  depends on who is  beneath me,  what I'm  wearing  and why  I'm sitting on his shoulders.  If it's something simple like  a boost up to change a  ceiling light  and  I might  not be confident  in  my carrier 's strength, I will sit with my feet  tucked behind him.  This is especially  true  if I need to  use  both  hands  and can't hold onto  his hair or  head. 
If I'm  riding for any long period of time and I  have  control of my  carrier, I want to  make him keep his head down so I  can sit with my  bottom supported  and I  can  relax my legs. In a few  cases  I  found it  very  comfortable  to have my  carrier  hold my  feet ,  rather lie  his  hands were stirrups  with my legs  relaxed .

To Dear Miss Audreyb:
I watched all your  post,you looks have so many experiences,and you are a pretty excellent rider.I saw you living in USA,I living in west coast of Canada,I pretty want to carry you,pretty want you sit on my shoulder.I pretty want to get a chance to do that ,If you can be my rider?I am pleasure to be your carrier,and pleasure to lift you up.looking forward your reply

#8 2017-12-13 19:25:08

brad's shoulders
Male (38), United States

@Audreyb - I am a huge proponent of the carrier's hands serving as stirrups for the Rider, so I am glad you approve! Whenever I try it, my Riders say it makes them feel very comfortable and supported.

I think it's also a very symbolic position - my hands underneath the soles of your feet - proving the complete dedication of the carrier's body to the Rider's comfort. Have you thought of that aspect, and do you enjoy it?

#9 2017-12-14 06:00:26

Audreyb

brad's shoulders:

I never really considered the symbolism of my feet on his hands. It was just comfortable and I found it convenient for adjusting myself on his shoulders.  Since I believe that the rider  should be in control of the carrier, as I have expressed several times, I see the hands as stirrup aspect as  just another part of the  full  service  in the equestrian  experience.

I see the  rider and carrier relationship to be this way  for all riders and carriers, not  just  myself.
The rider  must be  superior to the carrier just as their respective  positions implies regardless of gender or  other aspects of he relationship between  those involved. 

This is  only  my opinion of course but I have found that others  who  engage in shoulder riding and other forms of riding tend  to  take a similar attitude if  they engage in the activity rather  often.
Having someone bear  your weight and carry you, or even simply sitting on that person implies  and  may ultimately  instill  a  sense of superiority and perhaps even ownership of the person beneath.
I see this as  a  natural evolution of such  a  relationship  and I'm  sure there  are exceptions.

I know their are carriers who  are the instigators  of the activity  and quite enthusiastic  in their  role for  whatever  variety of reasons they might have. However , ultimately the  riders who perhaps  simply indulged the desires of the carrier in the beginning  will take charge to some degree and  may  become dominant and demanding.  This may extend into the other aspects of  their relationship  over  time.

#10 2017-12-15 19:11:06

Sunnyyuys

@Audreyb
So you means you always let your carrier hold your feet,when you doing shoulder ride?And you hand hold onto his hair?

#11 2017-12-15 21:20:34

brad's shoulders
Male (38), United States

Audreyb,

I believe it's quite natural for a Rider to feel in charge when sitting astride a compliant and eager carrier.

Placing my hands under your feet as stirrups is definitely part of my service to you. And other examples abound, including being willing to bend my head forward to offer you a more comfortable seat, as well as working hard at your orders way beyond tiredness.

The interesting fact that I have noticed - with several of my Riders - is that they gradually become more confident and demanding. Even one who used to simply enjoy the ride - without any dominant attitude - one day ended up telling me: "I am not getting off until we reach the top" (as I was struggling to carry her on a steep uphill section, after over 20 minutes of non-stop shoulder riding...)

I wonder if you have ever felt the same way with a regular carrier. Did you become more dominant with each ride?

#12 2017-12-17 17:44:07

NY male
Male (33), NY, USA

kimshot wrote:

As a rider, do you like to have your tucked behind for balance or do you like to have them hang loose. As a carrier do you like your rider's legs wrapped around or hanging loose?

If the person carrying me is walking somewhat slowly, then I'd prefer to have my legs are dangling loosely in front.

However, if I'm being carried briskly, then I'd rather secure my feet behind the carrier's back.

#13 2017-12-18 03:39:53

Audreyb

brad's shoulders:

I'm naturally assertive even  when someone is performing a service to me,  whatever the service is.
In  a shoulder riding situation, I may feel some urgency to take control and  direct  the actions of the person beneath me since I have no control over where he might take  me.
On  a few  occasions when I was in my teens, a guy attempted to show off, running in the sand while keeping me on his shoulders etc.  So I instinctively want to  take control as soon as I'm  mounted.

But once I'm  sitting up there for a while  and have control, I feel  a  sense of ownership  regardless of the  circumstance involved in me sitting there. I feel I have a right to be where I am and I should be served even  if  he no longer wants  to  serve  as  my carrier.
Obviously these are just feelings  but I tend to  empathize  with the  woman sitting on your shoulders.
I have often felt exactly as  she did in her position.

#14 2017-12-18 16:08:37

brad's shoulders
Male (38), United States

Audreyb,

I believe your feelings of ownership and control represent exactly what a carrier like me - who loves to please assertive Riders - finds to be the most satisfying attitude.

My ultimate desire is to give up control, becoming a beast-of-burden who works hard beneath a Rider's weight and blindly follows her commands. So there's nothing better than a "sense of entitlement" in the Rider: I want to feel that she's enjoying the hell out of me as her human pony! On the other hand, a Rider who was constantly worried about my well-being would get me "out of the zone".

Here's what I always tell my Riders: "Let's keep things safe at all times. Other than that, please use me to your heart's content and don't worry about me. I'm at your service."

Is that the type of attitude you appreciate in those who serve as your carriers?

#15 2017-12-19 17:18:33

Audreyb

brad's shoulders:

To be  perfectly  honest I  tend to be indifferent to  the attitude or desires of a carrier.
Obviously I  want  him to submit  to  my(the rider's) authority  from  the start of the ride and I  don't want him  balking from the  moment I  sit on him,
But  I  have  learned that  when  I'm  on top of him, I  enjoy  the experience  if I make it  all  about  me.

The experience for  both  the rider  and  the carrier are  things I believe to be  based on  each person's  views and motives for  participating in the activity.   For example, as  long as  the carrier performs as I  want him  to, I  couldn't care less  if  being beneath me and bearing  my  weight was  exciting  for  him  or very  unpleasant for him.  Since I can't ride on  the shoulders of someone who chooses  not to  carry  me, the carrier  is beneath  me because of his own  motives and self interests. 
As such,  I am equally  free  to  follow  my own  desires  selfishly as well.

Since it's not a  business arrangement I don't  owe  my carrier anything and while I may feel some empathy for his burden or  possible suffering, I  also know he  chose his  position  just as I  chose mine.

#16 2017-12-20 21:15:12

Alex
Male, Germany

Audrey!

I cant express how much I share your logical thoughts about the motives of both rides and carriers! If only every woman would have that thought! Unfortunately a lot of women are preoccupied and worried to hurt their carriers, spent too much time thinking about the carriers feelings when riding him etc.

In fact, like you said, all they ever want to think about when riding is about their own comfort, enjoyment and interests because their carrier is beneath them because of his own self interests too. Beautiful. And so simple!

Maybe you should start giving riding lessons (for those interested) wink

Alex

#17 2017-12-21 17:38:02

Audreyb

Alex:

Women  are taught to be  nice ,sometimes at  the  expense of  their own enjoyment. Thanks to my  mother,  I wasn't  forced into  that  conventional  mode. I have a friend  that  I've  mentioned  that I had to almost literally drag out of that  mode  of thinking after  she suffered for  years in an  abusive   marriage.

Because of her weight, she is  still afraid of shoulder riding,  but thankfully she is  no longer  concerned about a  man's ability to lift her  and has learned to  enjoy sitting and riding on  the  back of one of her  admirers  who seems to  enjoy  indulging her in "pony rides" at her  whim.
I had to  convince her that a man should be able to  bear a woman's weight and that if he  is willing to  try,  she  should not be concerned about  sitting on  him to allow him  the  opportunity. 
I  take some  credit for brining out this aspect of her personality and she has become  quite assertive and demanding  in spite of her fear of sitting on  a  man's shoulders

I don't think  women need to be taught to ride as such. I think  that most simply  require  the  confidence and assertiveness to put themselves  first.
Men  willing to  carry  another  person  in  this manner have their own  reasons  and its their responsibility to make themselves  capable of  performing in  this manner.

#18 2021-08-24 16:43:23

frederik
Male (40), Germany

After all my experiences most girls and young ladies preferred to wrap their legs around me.
The center of gravity was instantly more concentrated in the pelvis and crotch.
So it was easier keeping balance for the rider.
On longer rides the riders used my hands from time to time for relaxation.
But for concentrated rides the riders preferred to wrap their legs around me.

Using my hands as stirrups was preferred by adult ladies.

#19 2021-08-24 22:17:24

Ajax
Male (32), United States

As a rider I’ve positioned my legs both ways, but prefer to have them hanging in front. I find that more comfortable and fun too.

Board footer